Sunday, March 9, 2008

CHOCO-HOLIC

Now, I don't generally categorize myself as a chocoholic, like some of you I know... not to name any names *cough* Mom and Kacey :) but lately probably due to my pregnancy I crave it. Bavarian Cream Doughnuts, cupcakes with Chocolate frosting, chocolate chip cookies, Dr. Pepper (the 1 thing better than chocolate). So to get on with my "episode" after church on Sunday I realized how badly I needed to go grocery shopping. Fridays are my official grocery shopping day but I was too busy Friday and decided to wait till Monday. Needless to say there wasn't much that could fulfill my sweet-tooth. But just as I was about to give up after staring in the pantry, searching the freezer I got an idea. We did have left over chocolate chips from the Chocolate Chip cookie recipe I took off of Kacey's blog. These are to die for by the way! They lasted a whole 2 days before our family finished them. I would have made more cookies but we were out of eggs and sugar. Yep, my cupboards were bare. I melted the chocolate chips and dipped the last package of ritz crackers into it. Stuck them in the freezer and Wah Lah! A perfectly good way to enjoy chocolate. Call me crazy... Ashley and Breanne gave me funny looks and kept asking what I was doing. Oh, the lengths I'll go to get my chocolate fill. I guess you can consider me a chocolate convert, at least for the rest of this pregnancy.


Now you see em! 20 mins. later Now you don't!

4 comments:

emily said...

i'm sorry lindsy... but that is sick and wrong! ritz crackers and chocolate??? you definitely are pregnant, aren't you?!

Kacey said...

I'm totally laughing!
I thought up crazy stuff like that when I was pregnant too. One time when prego with Malia I was craving pickles but I normally don't like them so we didn't have any. We did however have pickle relish so I rolled some up into a torilla and there ya go. It totally satisfied my craving! Now I think EWWW...how disgusting!

BTW, you know what's REALLY good? Put crunchy peanut butter between 2 ritz crackers and dip into the melted chocolate...Mmm Mmm Delicious!

Leslierush said...

ya know whats funny is i saw the picture and i thought "oh man those look good." salty and chocolatey...perfect combo!

McKenna said...

Yummm. Ever since Germany I have become completely addicted to chocolate. So I know how you feel when you run out. Although, since I am not prego I have not had any such creative episodes and I have to limit myself to one bar a week or else I would have withdrawls.

Although, if you want me to bring you some really good German Shoko I totally will...
You can go to my blog mckennaakebrand.blogspot.com and click under the link in the colomn *Best of Germany, and *Riter Sport and pick ones you think that you may like and I will bring them with me to the US when I come in April.